It's February and I'm dreaming of a white, sandy beach somewhere to just sit and listen to the waves and collect my thoughts.
Sounds dreamy huh? Especially since winter is hard on us no matter where we live. So I'm thinking a virtual trip is what we need right now and YOU know that all we have to do is visualize to realize. Remember? That's your awesome super power that you use everyday or if you're still new to this idea, let's do it here and now with our virtual trip. Let me share with you how I get my mind, heart and soul ready for that special getaway. It will be like creating an inspiration board for that dreamy vacation.
It used to be that I would grab whatever time I could and make a couple of cute frocks and some jewelry to go with it so that I would have something special (and unique) to take with me on vacation. But now I find myself making a lot of clothes and jewelry that I want to wear on that sandy beach or cute little restaurant that right now only exists in my mind. I also remember fun vacations I've had in the past while I'm busily sewing and making jewelry so that fun vacation energy is made right into the pieces I am working on.
You may or may not know that I have a large collection of handmade jewelry that I have shared on Pinterest. I get a lot of inspiration for my projects from there. Here are my latest pieces from this years' Gem Show here in Tucson. These are pieces that will look great with any beachy or coastal outfit.
This piece has a 3 inch shell and is made with blue agate rectangular beads, mother of pearl flat beads, white ceramic beads, and lampworked little blue beads. It's a choker / laureate style which would look great over a swimsuit or solid color outfit. I named it the Gom Jabbar because of it's HUGE (3 inches long) dagger-like pointed shell.
To the right is the beautiful SHE necklace made with moonstone beads of all sizes and shapes and aurora beads in three colors, white, pink and peach. The pendant was so unusual that I went back to buy a tray of them and someone bought them ALL just the day before. I was so sad. She is made of moonstone and is a fertility goddess. I have gorgeous beaded hoops made with moonstone beads to wear with this one.
Below on the left has three shells trimmed in gold and is made with the squashed Mother of Pearl beads and sea glass beads.
To the right is my sea glass sand
dollar. It is made with green sea glass beads and aurora beads.
All of these are my designs but they're pretty basic. When I wear my jewelry, I love to layer my pieces so when looking on Pinterest at my collection, think layer, layer, layer. To give inspiration credit where it is due, I have some favorites on Pinterest. I have just come to know about French Kande. Kande Hall, the founder and designer, definitely provides inspiration and examples of great layering. I love the designs and her models look adorable in her style guide where they show how to pair and layer this beautiful jewelry. Check it out here:
https://www.frenchkande.com/lookbooks So now we have the blingy stuff packed , we just need some dreamy outfits to look fabulous in on this vacation of ours. I'm loving these looks right now for fun and fabulous vacationing.
These are all great for all sizes, loose and flowy, large prints or solid colors, they would flatter anyone. These images were taken from Pinterest but I have found lots of patterns that are just like these styles. If you are a sewer you may not even need a pattern for these styles because they are so uncomplicated and flowy which is what we want a vacation to be like, am I right?!
Vogue pattern V1665 is a lot like the bird pant suit pic, New Look N6736 is like the green leaves pant suit, V 1802 is like the beige dress pic. Even if you're not a sewer these are super easy styles to make. Mimi G is a great resource for learning how to sew with her sewing tutorials, find her here:
mimigstyle.com and then break out that sewing machine girl!
Most of these styles will require anywhere from 3 to 5 yards depending on how tall you are. I find that after 3 yards, a project is now getting expensive so I buy from the wholesale online fabric shops. Lots of them have free shipping after you spend a certain amount like $50-$100 so that helps. The one I like best is Fabric Wholesale Direct. I have all good things to say about them and they have a great selection with exceptional pricing.
Peace and Love dear souls, Jorisoboho
Or how about the Maldives https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdjY4tWb4Ok
ReplyDelete